Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Where to start...?? December has flown by in a flash!  It seems like we got back from Thanksgiving travels and haven't sat down yet. (-: Despite the craziness we have done alot of fun stuff the past few weeks.
 Santa Claus visited the local Krispy Kreme donuts a few weeks back and we got to visit with him while enjoying some "Hot and Ready" donuts. (See pics below) The Southern Miss Golden Eagle was also there and the girls enjoyed getting pics with him.
Our church always has lots of great stuff around the holiday season and we have enjoyed everything from an all Church Christmas Party/giant potluck to Sunday morning worship with lots of carols!  My favorite is coming up Christmas Eve....the candlelight service. We had a candlelight service growing up and it is probably my favorite tradition. I am so happy to be able to pass that on my kids. Nothing resonates the holiday spirit for me more than singing "Silent Night" by candle light. (-:
Both the girls' schools had Christmas parties today. Jillian's class had a Christmas musical titled "Christmas on the Isle." It was this morning and was adorable. She had a small speaking part.  She did great considering (if you haven't already heard) she broke a bone in her ankle last night and is on crutches. )-: I could tell she was a little tired, but she did great none the less.  We are very lucky to have Mrs. Craft as our teacher. She is the only teacher at OGP who puts on an individual program.  And it is great because all the kids really get to participate.
Madie's preschool class had a PJ party/book exchange this morning. We had a great time having "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake and giving and getting a new book from classmates. Once again I can't say enough great things about Temple's preschool. So thankful to have a place for her to learn and grow at such a young age. Sometimes it seems silly to send her there when my "job" is to be a stay a home Mom, but I have learned it truly takes a village and I am so happy to have all the sweet ladies at Temple's preschool as part of my village.    
As for Luke he lives on my hip or in my arms. He is spoiled....what can I say. He has such a personality and is really starting to move.....from scooting on his belly to rolling over....he will be fully mobile in no time. (-:
Josh and I are SOO EXCITED for Christmas this year because both our families are coming to us!  We will have his parents for a few days and then my parents, brothers and grandparents for a few days too. It is great to not have to travel. We are so glad they decided to fly south this Christmas. (-:

Hope you enjoyed the update and I hope you all have a great Christmas.
Love,
Jess

 We love Krispy Kreme!
 I love doughnuts! And I look pretty cute eating them too!
 Caught this pic after church on Sunday. Thought it was too cute!
 Jillian before her performance this morning. She had to sit because of her ankle. )-: She was pitifully cute. Ha.
 Madie at her Christmas party this morning. (-: Love the headband!
 My new tree for my (and Josh's, ha) room.  I put family photos all over it. Turned out so cute! Have added more pics since this too.....just love it!
 He needs no introduction......CUTEST BABY EVER, ha.
Hattiesburg Christmas tree lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment